Sunday, July 29, 2012

What's happening with Lylian 2?

Since the release of Lylian:Ep1, a full game of Lylian has been in development - here and there - currently called Lylian2.
It's still a very long way from release, in fact there's barely anything playable of it and the story isn't complete.
Shortly after Lylian: Episode 1 was distributed I realised the game would be much better as a full experience rather than episodic, and feedback helped me find the right direction the game play should be taken.


To create such a game I need good funding, and a team bigger than what it is now. Currently I gain funds by doing a lot of contract work, the problem is the contract work takes up all my time - I usually work 7 days, 16 hours per day or more, and then I work on Pixelpickle projects.


After all this time, with all the love I have of the Lylian world I'm going to take a short break from it. In the hopes to come back to it with a fresh bag of ideas, a new skill set and revitalised vigour! Something else has been robbing me of my attention too.


I have an idea. Another game idea that has been tempting me for the past 6 months and I'm at the point where I can no longer ignore it! I began developing on this idea - design doc, storyline and early stages of prototyping. I've also asked for the services of a great concept artist and illustrator to help in these initial stages.


So, Lylian 2 will be made, the release date is anybody's guess for now.
No news of Lylian 2 will be made until the time feels right. Until then this new project idea will start developing and I'll be posting about it more and more. It's a project I'm very excited about and can't wait to start showing it off!


Please hang around!

No comments: