Sunday, May 12, 2013

Game Dev - Map building

It has taken some time to build the world of Burden. It is something that will keep fleshing out, refining and will drastically change.
 A hard thing to create is a world where each level has meaning to the story - when should this happen, what should be seen at this place or time - So I build maps.
 I tend to prefer pulling myself away from a computer screen to do this. Grabbing butchers paper and taping (blu-tacking) string and bits of paper to it. this way I can approach with a fresh mind and swap and change things in a moments thought.



I'd like to think I'm pretty happy and will settle on the current design of the levels and placements. But I know it will change, especially after I release it to criticism from other people for feedback. But that's OK!

1 comment:

la hung said...

I enjoyed this game very interesting to play games
Kizi 3 Games